Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Tour de Erie / Tour de France / mapmyride.com


Next week I'll be bike riding along the Erie Canal from Buffalo to Albany on a trip I've been looking forward to since last years Bon Ton Roulet. Like last year I will also be choosing to ride instead of virtually living my cycling dream of riding the Tour de France but thanks to the wonders of the interweb...this year that virtual dream is even more, umm, virtual. Through the wonders of Mapmyride.com I am riding the Tour de France. We won't mention how they extrapolated the time for my ride yesterday to determine it would have taken me over 9 hours to complete yesterday's stage, or how they have me ranked 3396 out of 4907 riders. Nah! I'll just mention that it is fun to log my daily ride, and that while I'm pedaling along the canal my domestic will be recording the rides.

Today's ride is only 23.97 miles...but now the bigger question. Today is the Team Time Trial. Who will be my team?..and with the return to the old rules of using the real time...can we move up in the classification?

No comments: