Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Why?

People often ask, "Hey Kelly, why do you work at ACO?" (at the advice of my attorney I'm no longer using the real name but have instead invented "Atlantic Coast Outfitters", the East coast's best source for eastern mountain sports gear. )

I work there for a number of reasons. First the people who work there are great - real outdoors, honest, active people. Secondly - I often think of it as a live, in person study of the American consumer culture - something I watch with the same fascination that one watches a car wreck. And thirdly - the gear! Not only do you get to play with all the latest backpacks, kayaks, GPSs, cook stoves, shoes, boots, socks (oooh, love the socks), but you get to take them home...they even arrive in the mail. Such was the big bennie today. When I came home a little package from Smith was waiting for me. My new polyunchromalatedbifurnicatinginterchangablelenses Factors! Even better than the ones committed to the Watch Hill waves. Which is also the reason why the package also included eyewear retainers. Yup, I can be taught.

No comments: