Sunday, May 20, 2007

Salmon River

Everything at home is pretty much back in order so I decided to check out the Salmon River hike. It's about a 7.9 mile hike in Colchester, CT off RT 16. It starts at the covered bridge, and heads north west along the river. After a mile it turns in to the wood and winds through some older forests, along and over various streams, Day Pond, and along a ridge line. There are some great views and this time of year, there was also a lot of wild columbine.

Would I do it again? Hmmm. Aside from the first mile along the river it was a pretty typical CT hike, but I would go back and spend more time on the river.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,

I wasn't sure how to contact you on this blogger thing, so I figured I'd try the "comment" feature. Anyways, I just wanted to say that I like your blog. Gerald and I have one started and would like to share it with you as well. it is www.geraldandnatasha.blogspot.com

Talk to you soon.

Natash Lee Payfer