Monday, May 07, 2007

Monday

After a long night discussing UFO’s, reptilians, Chemtrails, and other reputed Sedona-phenomenon I woke up at 4:40, ready for the next adventure. By 6:00 we were on the road, headed North. Sunrise in Oak Creek Canyon, the switchback out to Flagstaff. Then west, ever west to Williams. At Williams we turned North toward the Grand Canyon, stopping only briefly to make a quick detour to get in a helicopter. Okay, short of sky diving, and bungie jumping I think I’ve now done most of the things I said I’d never do. (And don’t anyone get ideas because that just isn’t happening).

The helicopter was really actually very nice. Very gentle, and the front seat was an amazing viewpoint from which to see the Canyon. I didn’t think I’d be seeing it again so soon….and I want to hike it now more than ever (if you’re interested, I’m thinking October). And you could see the Colorado River too! Amazing. And the North Rim! The Aspen and Ponderosa Pine. beautiful! You know, that Powell guy really had guts.

From there we drove to Flagstaff via the West slop of the San Francisco Mountains. Took a short detour up to the Snow Bowl – made my first snowman of the year! Saw a coyote, enjoyed an awesome burger a brew at the Flagstaff Brewery, and contemplated the pros and cons of jumping a train, and redeveloping the ‘wrong side of the tracks’. Like I said, its been one the most relaxing vacations I’ve ever had.

After posting this however, I’m going for a hike...maybe.

No comments: