Sunday, May 06, 2007

Good morning campers!

While the duties of a blogger demand that I tell the details of yesterdays flight I will begin by saying that I am sitting in –Nirvana? To be more exact, it is 5:31 am. I am looking due West (the same due West over which there was a deep magenta sunset last night). The red rocks of Boynton Canyon are just beginning to take on color although the suns rays have not yet begun their slide. The house could be described as a Sante Fe style artists loft with a bedroom and a long deck. All facing West. Go West? Well I’m here.

But back to the flight. Not bad except for the turbulence when we were flying over the storms in Nebraska, and the half hour before landing in Phoenix. Neither Providence nor Midway have free wireless access – something I’m proposing should be written into the Constitution. On the other hand, perhaps its good to not be able to tap into the world at all times. On the other hand they have those obnoxious tv monitors blaring. But I digress…

The Book Selection turned out remarkably well. While reading the Chick Lit Selection I had to burst out laughing (dour man sitting next to me was not amused) but you may be. In the book the heroine is reunited with her mother who had spent many years in the desert of Sedona trying to find her self. Once the mother gets back the whole family goes to family reunion at the family farmhouse in Salem, CT. For an outing they go to…”Old Mystic Seaport, a sort of Disneyland-on-the-Sea that recaptured the magic of the whaling industry.” How cute is that? And do I add that to my list of books that cite our sources?

But here comes the sun and I must be off…..

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ha, that's amazing! Adding that book to your cited sources sounds like the right idea!

Love, Amy