Friday, May 21, 2010

I have been to Mecca and I have seen God

...or would you believe the Stockyards and a rat on a cat on a dog? It was a sight so unbelievable as to pull the tourists who came for the cattle drive, the civil war buffs talking to Wild Bill Hiscock, and country western fans gathered around the yodeling elderly couple. Seriously, how often do you get to see a rat on a cat on a dog?

The Forth Worth Stockyards are pretty cool, a combination of old west town, rodeo honky tonk, kitcky shops and a great bar full of stuffed armadillos, bears, buffaloes, skunks and wildcats. Every day at 11:00 and 4:00 there is also a long horn cattle drive down the main street. Which is probably the height of slow motion fun. But all this action aside, it is probably the rat, cat, dog combination that will stay with me the most.

I tried to upload the video to YouTube but for some reason it won't go. So I figured, hey, something like that, chances are someone else has uplaoded it. And that's when I discovered this guy and his act are National heroes! They've been all over the country and have pulled from more than cattle drives and the video has had 5,981,583 views.

No comments: