Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Isaiah



Isaiah, my best buddy left today. I miss him so much already.


He certainly hasn't been up for all the recent adventures but he was always happy to wake me every morning and settle down beside me every night.

Amongst my pagan friends he was known as my familiar and he was. We were. There are so many parts of us that communicated wordlessly...and I'm beginning to notice, still do.

But I will greatly miss his physical presence. His joy in every new day, his alertness, his unending loyalty, his love, quiet affection, his fluffy fur.

To some he was known as Sandcastle's Ima Piston. He did earn his herding title, but the show thing, neither of us enjoyed...especially on beautiful sunny days. Many on the AT knew him as Little Bear. That was the trail name he earned after scaring more than a few hikers into thinking he was a black bear cub. He did enjoy his hiking days but I think it was herding he loved most. Working the way he was bred to. I am glad we did that. Glad he came to live with me and be my friend, my buddy and enjoy life to the fullest.

Oh how I will miss him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, our deepest condolences on the loss of your Best Buddy... You know he will be waiting for you on the Rainbow Bridge..


Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Love,

Natasha, Gerald, Eboni, Vinnie, Dante, Lennon, and Jojo