Monday, October 01, 2007

Last night on ebay

I highly recommend not going shopping or surfing ebay when one is in a funk. As it is, it appears I am the owner of a new bike.

I have been looking for a while. I mean the panasonic is 20 years old, and while it does qualify me to ride in the invitation-only-shift-on-the-down-tube annual races, and I can pass many a fully suited, high-tech rider, still...I covet the new bikes. So I agreed that if a good deal came up on ebay, a really good deal, I could buy a new bike. What is funny is that since I started looking several $600.00 Specialized Dolces have sold for $600 and $700. Its just weird.

So Friday night I noticed a Specialized Vita for auction. This is an alumunium frame, triathlon bike which retails for $1200.00. The bidding was at $550.00, so what the heck I figure. This will go for around $1300.00. I bid $560.00, and it was the winning bid.

She is a beauty.

No comments: