Monday, September 03, 2007

Curiosity and the Kayaker


Happy Day-of-No-Labor everyone!
None of my kayaking friends were up or free for a paddle today, but it being soooo beautiful I decided to at least take a little trip out on the Mystic River. Heading South, into a pretty good wind I passed under the drawbridge and railroad bridge then decided to see if there really was a passage under the Mason's Island Bridge. There was. Through that, looking South to the Sound I wondered if there really was passage under the Enders Island bridge. There is. Then I was out in the Sound. Hmmm. Why not just go around the point and then head down river and home. The waves were a bit high, the current confused, and I wished I had my spray skirt. But the ride home was great. All in all, my little trip turned into a gorgeous 2/5 hour paddle.

No comments: