Sunday, June 21, 2009

So little time, so many books

More than a few have asked so I guess it's time to address the question on this blog: "Why do you have links to Amazon? Are you getting a kick back or something?"

The main reason is I like books. I like to read them, I like to talk about them, I like to share them, and Amazon makes it easy. If someone is interested in a book that I'm interested in talking about - they can just click on the link at check out the book for themselves. On the site they can read others opinions of the book too, sometimes they can read parts of the book. It's something I certainly like to do.

I can also use Amazon to organize what I've read, and what I want to read.

The second reason, or rather, its not really a reason but a side effect, is yes, I get a kick back. A 4% account credit for all titles ordered after someone clicks through on a link I post. So far I've "made" a whopping $30.00 in over 4 years of blogging. I'd like to make more - mostly so I can buy more books. But I like it when people think enough of a book I like to want to read it too. (hmmmm. maybe that's one of the reason's I'm a librarian or is it more of a power thing?)

No comments: