Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Getting Ready for the Tour

Less than a month to go until the Tour de France and I'm gearing up. Not by riding necessarily, but by reading. Inside the Postal Bus: My Ride with Lance Armstrong and the U.S. Postal Cycling Team is a great way to get back into bike racing lingo. Written by Michael Barry, a professional cyclist and member of the United States Postal Team it tells of events in his cycling career up to 2004. Lots of Lance stuff there, but lots of other details including Floyd. I'm still not sure what to think of Floyd but after reading the book one thing is certain. He has a lot of drive but not too much self-control.

Anyway, the book is a fun reading on how the team handles their crazy lifestyle riding all over Europe and US, how the team bus has an espresso makers and other insider details on races. When so many cycling books are dry, this one keeps you reading...and wanting to pedal.

I could still do it, couldn't I? With a little training? Couldn't I ride Le Tour?

No comments: