Friday, November 07, 2008

Adventures in Used Car Shopping: And He Shall Be Called Moby

Last night I purchased Angela's replacement. But no, Angela can not be replaced and despite what the insurance company says I know someone will buy her at auction, fix her up and set her back on the road. Moby is her successor.

Moby is a 2004 Pontiac Vibe. I was looking for a small car that was:
  • In my price range - no car payments thank you
  • Had less than 70,000 miles
  • Could fit a bike or two in the back (a hatchback)
  • Was in good shape
  • Got decent mileage
After 2 weeks of searching the web, reading reviews, taking harrowing test drives, fielding calls from salesmen, and making some really low offers - I purchased Moby at Bald Hill auto. Delivery is Saturday.

The name fits - doesn't it?

No comments: