Monday, July 14, 2008

July 14th

Today is little Lys's 21st birthday. Technically not my adventure but certainly one I've been honored to be closely associated with.

Today is also Bastille Day, as well as Stage 10 of the Tour de France. It's been a nice race so far. It's funny I've realized that I'm not so much interested in who wins or looses, I just like the company of the commentary. Like to hear about new bike components, training things, cute towns along the route, the go-ings on in the peleton. (Did you hear that "The Cobra" is really called "Goat Boy"?)

Today is also the day I really, really, really indulged myself. Today I brough home an adorable little Carbon fibre Cannondale six13 5. Wonderful all by itself but Cannondale also upgraded the rims to the Mavic Aksium Race.

But specs are all well and good - How does it ride?

Oooh. Sooo smooth. The Carbon fibre is tight but so much smoother than the Panosonic. Don't get me wrong - she's probably going to be the quickest little bike I've ever ridden but the Cannondale is quick and smooth. She's a little lighter in the front so turning takes a great deal less effort. (I suspect looking in the direction will do it most times) And while I haven't got the lean down yet the few times I took a sharp corner she went without a wobble. Took a much nicer line.

The fit is amazing too. Over the 18 or so years I've ridden the Panosonic I have tried other bikes - (hmmm even owned a few) but this Cannondale is so close its almost perfect.

And now for the reveal. - cept the photo won't load. Maybe another time

No comments: