Friday, July 18, 2008

Adieu - for now

Well - today's the day I must say goodbye to the Tour as tomorrow I leave for the tour. It all begs the existential question - Is it better to live The Big One vicariously or do you own little tour realistically?

Obviously I vote on the side of real life. Tomorrow we leave for Auburn, NY and Sunday we Ride the Bon Ton Roulet. (Hey at least the name is still french).

Unlike most other trips there will be no blogging on this one. Hauling a laptop from campground to campground just seems a bit extreme. I'll post pictures on my return and hopefully even write up some of the day to day adventures. I am looking forward to spending time in the Finger Lakes, including a layover day in Watkins Glen, 28 years after living there. Only six hours, but another world away.

As for the Tour de France - I don't care who wins - just let it be a fair win, and a good ride. For instance check out this post of the Lanterne Rouge (French phrase meaning “red lantern” refers to the racer who is dead last when the race rolls into Paris.)

No comments: