Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Greatest Adventure

When it all comes down to it, I guess one of my greatest adventures has been in parenting. An adventure that is far from over but one that continues to grow, change, surprise and most of all, teach me a great deal about love. The Girls.

Sunday morning we went to breakfast at the A & M. While waiting for Peter and Amanda I took this great shot. Iconic even. Lyss doing her cool, shade thing, Amy standing ready...all in front of a cafe (diner actually).

...and now a digression, but not a complete digression on to a topic that is often discussed in this blog. Coffee, or rather regional coffee issues. Previous I mentioned Saints Rest. A great coffee shop here in Grinnell. Today we hope to pack Amy up and get a little ways down the road. How far depends on how she is feeling. Before we go however we will stop at Saints Rest for a final coffee before heading off. My love of good coffee has been passed on to The Girls. Hmmm come to think of it, how much of that really comes from them?

PS Do you believe that a year ago I was coming just returning from the most relaxing vacation I've ever had. Ah Sedona.

No comments: