Friday, May 16, 2008

A Brownie with Attitude

After a long day of driving that began at the usual I-hate-driving-through-New-York-traffic-so-leave-at-4am departure Lyss and I have arrived in Portage, IN. Five hours from Grinnell.

It was a good trip. We were pleasantly surprised at our first stop. A person in Pennsylvania talked to us. It always takes me by surprise the first time I'm out of CT and someone just starts a conversation, then I remember, 'oh yeah' people are generally pleasant, and they chat.

Our second stop in Pennsylvania was on the Ohio border when we went to Kings Restaurant for breakfast and were surprised by the Angry Brownie, Frownie. Funny to have angry food as your mascot, but actually very effective. It was hard to resist the angry stuffed toy, the angry t-shirt and the angry mob sundae may yet have my name on it. Here's a little story on the brownie situation:

Driving through Ohio I listened to "A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" and then in Indiana we channel surfed spending a little time enjoying Christian Rock, Japanese Rock, Latin Salsa, and NPR.

Now I've got to go find a salad.

No comments: