Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Superheroes

It was a busy Saturday. Sunday's forecast for "100% chance of ice pellets" seemed to be bringing all the shoppers in. The majority were in good moods.

The crew was in a generally good mood too. We were in the home stretch, John had brought in pizza, Crystal was organizing an expedition to summit the giant snow piles in the parking lot (does anyone know where the EMS flag is stored?), Johnny had been appointed the "Holiday Complaint Department" and was handling the stressed out shoppers with ease,I'd mastered the inverse juggle, and most importantly we were solving patrons shopping quandaries left and right. "

"What kind of gift should I get for my secret santa?"
"My son-in-law likes hiking, would he like this shirt?"
"Do you have the pink nalgene?"
"Is this fleece as good as that fleece?"
"We need a waterproof, windproof, superlite jacket, do you have it?"
"Is that woman's dry suit still on sale" (oops that was my question}
"Could you put that last Thule box on hold for me"

Ah - it was like being a superhero - well kinda.

No comments: