Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Enemy is in the house (or garage as the case may be)


So yeah, I picked up my touring/cyclocross bike last weekend. And I love it. Yes, I realize I've gotten lots of toys this year...but you know...I've never had toys before. Even as a child I had to play with kitchen utensils, and use left-over newspapers for drawing. So - now it's playtime.

In yesterday's typical Southeastern New England snow/sleet event I went riding. You know the sound snow makes when it crunches under your feet? The sounds of snow slurping under your bike tire is even better. And it's black (the bike) and looked so cool in the snow. Before yesterday I couldn't imagine why K2 called it the "Enemy". They make a ski called the "Public Enemy" and somehow when you picture a skiier bombing down the mountain plowing over innocent, and slower skiiers it makes sense. But now that I've raced though sleet covered streets while shaky drivers stared nervously at me over tightly gripped steering wheels, I can see how the bike's name just might fit. Hopefully we'll be just as aggressive while sharing shoulder-less roads with logging trucks. But I kinda doubt it.

No comments: