Sunday, August 23, 2009

Chocolate and Beer!

A while ago I lamented (via facebook) that chocolate and beer didn't go together. Several of my friends were quick to correct me. It appears that not only do many folks think they do but that also there is chocolate beer. Which left one more question unanswered. Which chocolate beer is best.

Three beers were assembled for the tasting.
1. Brooklyn Brewery's Black Chocolate Stout
2. Youngs Double Chocolate Stout
3. Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence

And the answer is - chocolate and beer go very well together, most especially in Youngs Double Chocolate Stout!

Are there any other contenders I should try?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck, candy in a bottle. Don't you know Americans already consume way too much sugar. Drink your beer like the Germans, hops, malt, yeast and water. Be a purist!!! Don't ruin your beer.

Anonymous said...

I don't know, I can see the point of a chocolate beer. Sometimes you want a 'pure' beer, sometimes you want something different.