Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Je suis en Montreal

After a long, but often beautiful train ride up the west side of Lake Champlain yesterday I arrived at L'hotel Bonaventure Hilton - conveniently located across from the train station (Gare Central). My room has a great view out over the city and onto the St. Lawrence Seaway.

It's all bilingual here and that's pretty cool. Also cool - they actually do talk hockey! a lot. And then this morning when looking for some breakfast I passed several beautiful bakeries and pastry shops with the most delicate and chocolate and flaky pastries on display. But do you know where the line was? Tim Hortons. And it was a long line. I peaked into the cases, looked at the menu and sure enough it's the same Tim Hortons we have. Minus the lines.

By some gliche or something it appears that I am not registered for the sessions today (Museums and the Web Conference) and as they are full, I can not register. Sooo. I'm off to explore the Old City or Vieux Montreal. But I will be thinking about work the whole time.

No comments: