Saturday, March 01, 2008

Pondering through the haze

I can imagine one fate worse than flying across country while having the flu, and that would be sitting next to someone who has the flu. And that is why I can't understand why, when there are many empty seats all round the Southwest waiting area, everyone is sitting next to me - one of them is even attempting to converse! I mean, what is it about a woman visibly shivering while wearing a primalot jacket, who'se face is flushed bright red and who'se left eye is twitching uncontrollably that says "Hey, come sit next to me! Lets chat!"

But wait - Maybe they'll move away as I completely strip for the upcoming fever stage.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you now in Oregon? Care to hook up with an old maritime museum colleague from New England who now calls Portland home?

You did get some great photos of the Gorge by the way.

Email me for contact info!

Sam Shogren
Formerly Curator, Penobscot Marine Museum